Trade and Investment Content Editor
BritishAmerican Business (BAB) is seeking an entrepreneurial Trade and Investment Content Editor to lead on the execution and development of BAB’s trade and investment portfolio. The role is available from August 2016 as a one-year contract, with option to stay on, located in London.
With UK-US trade and investment high on the political and business agenda – even more after the Brexit vote in the UK – the Trade and Investment Content Manager will join our team in an exciting time.
The Trade and Investment Content Editor will be responsible for developing and delivering BAB’s trade and investment work, built around two trade & investment guides – American-British Trade & Investments and British-American Trade & Investment - which serve as a comprehensive resource for businesses looking to expand and invest across the Atlantic.
The Trade and Investment Content Editor will be the main resource for the majority of BAB’s trade and investment-related work and contact for relevant stakeholders in UK and US governments, trade and investment promotion authorities, business and chapters of the British-American Business Council (BABC).
The role offers wide scope for initiative, a network of high-level stakeholders, as well as room to develop and expand responsibilities and skills. Particularly, we are looking in particular for someone who can add a new Communications capacity to our trade & investment work. The Trade and Investment Content Editor will be part of BAB’s Policy & Trade Team and report to the Director of Policy & Trade.
· Development of a project plan for the next two trade & investment guides, including: Examination of existing and new products and communication/marketing channels, processes, timelines and revenue streams; Market Research to define demand, content/themes and target audiences
· Delivery of two trade & investment guides per year (September 2016 – June 2017), including: Development of content, identification of partners, sponsors and coordination of layout and design; print and distribution
· Integration of products with relevant online and communications channels, in particular the trade and investment platforms available to the British-American Business Council (BABC) network (www.babc.org)
- Location: London, England, UK
- Starts On: Aug. 1, 2016, 8 a.m.
Ideal candidates should:
· Have a strong understanding of the trade and investment promotion environment, including experience in trade and investment data analysis, and a proven record of related work for 3+ years.
· Have outstanding project management skills, including the ability to develop and manage a budget
· Experience and interest to explore the potential of Communications to drive reach and interaction with content; a strong sense of creativity is a plus
· Strong presentation and communication skills (including the readiness to speak publicly on behalf of the organisation) and comfortable working with senior business and government representatives
· Be open to evolving tasks and responsibilities
· Be detail-oriented, accurate and organised and have strong writing capabilities
· Have a hands-on, positive can-do attitude and ability to cope with stressful situations
- Contact Method:
For further information and to apply, please send a one-page cover letter and a CV to email@example.com by 4th August 2016 COB. Candidates for this role must have the right to live and work in the UK