UK Trade & Investment Intern
- Description: The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.Foreign and Commonwealth Office (UK Trade & Investment roles)UK Trade and Investment (UKTI)
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is the British Government's international business development agency. UKTI is charged with transatlantic trade development between the UK and the US and with assisting US companies looking to invest in the UK (see www.ukti.gov.uk for further information).
This is a project-based role with administrative responsibilities, working across all sectors of UKTI (ICT, Life Sciences, Energy, Financial Services). The successful applicant will work as part of a team responsible for assisting UK companies looking to enter the Southwester US market (Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma) and identifying and providing assistance to US companies in the Southwest region looking to set up or expand in the UK.
- Working with and under the direction of the Business Development Associate to the Head of Trade & Investment to perform duties that promote trade and investment activities
- Support team research for UK companies seeking to enter the Southwestern US market
- Prioritize and respond appropriately to all communications, including requests for information and first-time inquiries. Ensure that all client management activities are executed in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist with initiatives such as incoming and outgoing missions, seminars, panel discussions, receptions and other events to promote the UK's strengths in the sector. Contribute when necessary to administrative and logistical support for event participation.
- Support the team to deliver the business development breakfast.
These are unpaid internships, for college credit only, but the Embassy does provide a stipend of $100 per month for transportation costs. This internship will start on 22 August 2016 and end on 9 December 2016.
- URL: https://fco.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/661-UK-Trade-Investment-Intern/en-GB
- Level: Intern
- Starts On: May 18, 2016, 3:47 p.m.
Must be a junior or a senior in an undergraduate program, or enrolled in a graduate program by the start date of your internship (at least 60 credit hours of undergraduate coursework completed). Since this is an unpaid internship, students receiving college credit in exchange for their internships are required.
Ability to be proactive, strategic, organized and able to work to deadlines, prioritize and multi-task independently or in support of senior staff.
Strong communication (oral and written) skills, including excellent research ability, reading comprehension and topical summary skills.
Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office applications, emphasis on Excel
Under US State requirements, the Embassy may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders, A or J1 Visa holders with valid Work Authorization Documents. If you hold a Visa other than an A or J1 Visa you are not eligible to work at the Embassy. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
Collaborating and Partnering
UK Trade and Investment
- Contact Method:
Online application only.